Le Ravillon offers self catering accommodation in Normandy,situated close to the market town of Sourdeval.
The property stands in its own grounds of 2 acres, overlooking a valley with 6 acres of adjoining woodland and stream.
The house has been recently renovated to provide rustic contempory living.
The area is excellent for walking, cycling, golf, fishing, markets and restaurants and is within easy reach of
Caen, Mont St Michel, the Landing Beaches and Bayeux.
The three bedroom accommodation includes
- Lounge - Open plan to kitchen with feature stone fireplace incorporating log burning stove, double height to ceiling with exposed beams, comfortable leather sofas (including a double sofa bed) and feature lighting.
- Kitchen - Overlooking the front garden through double French windows and fully equipped with electric oven and gas hob, microwave and large farmhouse table which seats up to 8 people.
- Utility Room - Adjacent to the kitchen, containing a washing machine and fridge/freezer.
- Walk-in Shower Room/WC - Provides excellent shower facilities and is fully tiled apart from one wall which has been left in the original stone, creating a certain rustic charm.
- Second Lounge/Third Bedroom - This room has a log burning stove set in the original stone fireplace and is double height, showing off the original beams and letting natural light flood into the room through double doors and dormer window. There is a double sofa bed which can be left opened out - the room can be then be used as a third bedroom.
- Main Bedroom - on mezzanine level overlooking the double-height lounge, with beams and log burning stove. A dormer window provides views of the garden and a velux window means that you can view the stars whilst relaxing in the free-standing bath. There is also an en-suite with wc/wash-hand basin and a walk-in wardrobe providing plenty of storage space. The mezzanine is accessed via an open plan staircase from the lounge.
- Second Bedroom - is accessed via a separate open plan staircase from the kitchen, but can also be accessed via a ‘secret door’ from the main bedroom. The pine bed and wardrobe blend well with the feature stone wall and views of the valley can be seen from the dormer window.
- Third Bedroom - As mentioned the second lounge can be easily turned into a third bedroom, with double sofa bed and wardrobe facilities, it has easy access to the downstairs shower room/wc.
- Baby Facilities - We do have a travel cot and high chair at the property.
- Gravelled private drive to the front of the property with tubs containing small conifers and lavender bushes. Ample parking space.
- Separate eating area to the front of the property with easy access from the kitchen, featuring a large square wooden picnic table, seating 8, with a parasol for shade and BBQ.
- Alternative semi-secluded eating area with large round wooden picnic table and parasol, together with BBQ, situated in a landscaped area near the old bread oven.
- Within the extensive grounds a picnic area has been created down by the trout stream, including a large wooden picnic lodge accessed by wooden plank bridges crossing over the stream. During the spring and summer over 15 species of butterflies and moths have been observed along the various paths within the grounds.
- To the rear of the property is an area for children with swings, slide, trampoline, sand pit and play house.
- There is a small summerhouse with cane furniture for those relaxing moments and sun loungers are provided for the use of our guests.
- Rates from £300 per week, dependant on time of year.
- Short breaks and long stays available upon request.
- Flexibility on arrival and departure days.
- Discounted travel can be obtained on Brittany Ferries.
- Electric, Gas, Logs.
- Bed linen and towels. (A discount will be given if supplying own linen and towels).
- A free welcome pack is supplied on arrival, including tea, coffee, milk and bread.
- We keep an information folder with places of interest, etc, and local maps at the property.
- We have a large wine rack with supplies of red and white wine which can be used and replaced! - saves rushing to the shops on arrival - or for that last minute barbecue!
Le Ravillon is situated 5 minutes drive from the market town of Sourdeval which is on the Vire to Mortain road (approximately 40 minutes south of Bayeux).
As the house is situated in a rural setting and public transport is limited, it is recommended to have your own means of transport.
The nearest ferry port is Caen/Ouistreham being approximately 75 minutes by road and the nearest airport is Dinard, approximately 90 minutes by road.
The nearest main line station is Vire with direct trains from Paris, Vire is 15 minutes from the property.